Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One good reason to visit me

Yesterday, a student came to the BBA Program Office because she had a concern about a class. Specifically, she was upset about one section of MO300 getting to take their mid-term as a take-home exam while the rest of the sections took their mid-terms in-class. She didn't think that this was right and, at the same time, didn't feel comfortable discussing it with her professor but didn't know where else to turn.

Well, that's where I come in. She dropped by our office and spoke with Rob Koonce (who advises students). He realized that I shouuld know what's going on, so he directed her into my office where we had a quick chat. I took this student's concerns to the MO chair and then the core course coordinator. We discussed the issue and we now both understand the other's thinking on this topic. I don't know what's going to happen today, but the MO professors are at least better informed as to the concerns of the students and will be able to address them before and after the exam.

No comments: