Thursday, May 27, 2004

I am named the new BBA Program Director

I am the new BBA Program Director. I am looking forward to working with faculty, staff, and students over the coming year, and to taking advantage of all of the positive energy that was raised (especially during the last month or so) in relation to the BBA Program revision.

I worked with Tom quite closely over the last couple months and tried to learn as much as I could of what he knows about and thinks about the Program. I hope I've learned enough to be successful. We'll soon find out!

Two pieces of big news:

  1. The new Grading Curve passed the faculty vote (by a wide margin). This will be implemented starting with this Fall's classes. (More on this in a later post.)
  2. The new 3/4 year BBA Program passed (by a wide margin). We (the faculty) have now shown that we are capable of change. This is a very good thing for the School.

On another note, I am looking forward to the Welcome (Back) reception on September 13 at 4:30pm. I am also working with two of the School's best faculty members to design a new and improved BBA Orientation.

No comments: