Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Helping to define a new class

Next winter semester I will be teaching an introduction to business class to freshmen and sophomores. This will be a very large class – 3 sections of up to 400 students each.

I am asking for a favor from you. Seniors especially. I want you to think about what you know now, what you knew then, and what I might be able to teach to underclassmen (and women).

I have created a wiki for this course at on my server. A wiki is a Web site that anyone who visits can contribute to. This site, and the course it reflects, is nowhere near being done. I'm still changing many things about it but I am narrowing in on a specific list of topics for the lectures. There is a page for the list of lectures. Each one of the class days is a link. Think about what you might want to be covered on any one of those days. Any time over the next month or so, contribute to the appropriate page. Simply add comments at the bottom of the page. I promise to thoughtfully consider any idea that you add.

When was the last time that you were asked to design a class? I bet the answer to that is "never." I hope you contribute, and reward the faith that I have in all of you. Please be sure to sign your name on the contribution so that I know who to go to if I have some follow-up questions. Thanks.

No comments: